I was just looking at my babies pictures and the thought popped into my mind "Why didn't I kiss them?". It makes me sad to think about the things that I didn't get to experience with them. It was the same with James, after a few months had passed I realized that I hadn't looked at his toes. At the time when they brought the babies in I held them but they are so small it is hard to do anything other than just hold them. Oh how I wished I had kissed them and kept them a little longer and held them a little closer.
2 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you.
I know that you have no clue who I am, but I found your blog a while ago through a friend's blog. And I keep coming back, because there is power and healing in your words. Although, I technically have not lost a child, my husband and I went through some really rough infertility problems. Over four and a half years we unsuccessfully tried fertility drugs, adoption, foster care and finally ended up pregnant on our own. But, through those tough years I had to go through the grief process. I grieved my loss over the inability to have children, among other things. I don't know why some women have to go through this and others don't. But, I can say this now, I am a Much better Mother, Wife, and Daughter of God for going through it. No, I would not go through it again if I can help it. But, I learned wonderful/heartbreaking lessons from it. I just wanted to tell you how much your thoughts helped me. So keep your head up. Know that you are helping others through this. Thank you thank you for your blog. Know that you and your family have prayers sent your way. Natalee
Post a Comment